The first horsecars of the Beaver Valley Street Railway Company began running on July 4, 1885. Electric streetcar service started on December 5, 1891. Eventually, a number of companies would be created and merged into the Beaver Valley Traction Company which connected Morado Park, Beaver Falls, Beaver, Rochester, Freedom and Aliquippa, ending at the Edgeworth Borough line. The Philadelphia Company, which also owned Pittsburgh Railways, purchased the BVT and unsuccessfully attempted to link the two properties after being stymied by Sewickley and Edgeworth Boroughs. After it was turned loose on its own, the line experienced ever worsening circumstances. The last car ran on August 10, 1937. This program will show the rise and fall of the streetcar in Beaver County from 1885 to 1937.