This page is for Pennsylvania Trolley Museum Volunteers.
Clearance instructions for all volunteers:
- Child Abuse History (free)
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Select “Create Individual Account.” When asked for a Keystone ID, you need to create your own user name. If you already have one, select "Individual Login" on the first screen.
- Complete all of the appropriate boxes and a temporary password will be sent to the email address that you have provided. Once you have the password, you re-enter the website and complete the request for the clearance.
- If a clearance is not issued immediately, you can log into your account at a later time to see the status of the request.
- To be safe, check the box requesting a written copy of your clearance in the event that you have trouble printing it. Print 2 copies of the clearance, one for your personal records and one for the Volunteer Coordinator.
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check (free)
- Go to https://epatch.pa.gov
- Select “New Volunteer Record Check” and follow the prompts to complete the application
- The security check is usually completed within a few minutes. Print 2 copies of the completed clearance form provided, one for your personal records and one for the Volunteer Coordinator.
- FBI fingerprint-based Criminal Background Check
- Only for those who have lived out of state within the past 10 years
- Register at identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania .
- Select Digital Fingerprinting.
- The Service Code that is requested is 1KG6ZJ .
- The fee can be paid using a credit or debit card. PTM may be able to partially or fully reimburse out-of-state and former out-of-state volunteers for this expense - please keep your receipt.
- You may choose the most convenient site to go to be fingerprinted, the site list can be found at the above mentioned website.
- A photo ID is required at the time of fingerprinting.