Pittsburgh Railways 1467
Pittsburgh Railways Company purchased 666 PCC cars between 1936 and 1949, including this wartime example. The 1400-series was chosen by company management to receive various public service advertising paint schemes, beginning in 1943 and featuring a multitude of worthy causes and, later, willing advertisers.
Initially, the cars carried patriotic messages, then civic and commercial messages after the war wound down. Car 1467 wore at least two special paint schemes in the postwar era. In the 1960s, 1467 was sold to Westinghouse Air Brake Company (WABCO) for rapid transit equipment testing, and after WABCO was finished with the car, they donated it to the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum.
St. Louis Car Company
STREET & INTERURBAN RAILWAY PASSENGER CARS
Westinghouse 1432 D (4@)
On Display at Trolley Display Building