Scouts Private Workshops
We are now accepting requests for private merit badge workshops for the weekends during the spring 2023 seasons! Availability is extremely limited. Please note that we are unable to accommodate private merit badge workshops during Special Events and holiday weekends.
BSA & Girl Scout Private Merit Badge Workshops
The Pennsylvania Trolley Museum annually hosts several merit badge workshops, but we understand that these dates and times don’t always work for everyone. We currently have a limited number of dates and times available this season for hosting a private merit badge workshop for your troop or pack. These merit badges are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These merit badge workshops follow curriculum created by both the Scouts BSA (formerly Boy Scouts of America) and the Girl Scouts of the USA organizations. Merit badge workshops are open to any youth of the appropriate age. Admission to the museum is included with the purchase of any merit badge workshop. Merit badge workshops are taught by certified merit badge counselors.
- Cost: $20 per Scout / $10 per chaperone
- Minimum of 10 Scouts and 2 adult chaperones required
- Most merit badge workshops are 3 hours in length
A $35 deposit is due upon reservation.
Questions? Please let us know by sending an email to our Manager of STEAM and Education Programs, at email@example.com.
Private Merit Badge Workshop Offerings
These are the following merit badges we currently offer. Please note that some merit badges may have prerequisites associated with them. If you are interested in a badge that is not offered on the list below, please let us know and we can see if we are able to accommodate your group’s request.
- Bear Super Science (2nd – 3rd grade)
- Webelos Engineering (4th – 5th grade)
- BSA Environmental Science (6th – 12th grade)
- BSA Electricity (6th – 12th grade)
- BSA Railroading (6th – 12th grade)
- BSA Signs, Signals, and Codes (6th – 12th grade)
- BSA Weather (6th – 12th grade)
- Daisy Mechanical Engineering Badges 1 – 3 (K – 1st grade)
- Brownie Mechanical Engineering Badge 2: Fling Flyer Design Challenge (2nd – 3rd grade)
- Brownie Mechanical Engineering Badge 3: Race Car Design Challenge (2nd – 3rd grade)
- Brownie STEM Career Exploration (2nd – 3rd grade)
- Junior Mechanical Engineering Badge 2: Balloon Car Design Challenge (4th – 5th grade)
- Junior Mechanical Engineering Badge 3: Crane Design Challenge (4th – 5th grade)
- Junior STEM Career Exploration (4th – 5th grade)
- Cadette STEM Career Exploration (6th – 8th grade)
We are currently accepting requests for private merit badge workshops for the Spring 2023 season. If interested, please fill out the form below. Please note that we are unable to accommodate private merit badge workshops during Special Events.