New Museum Hours:
The Pennsylvania Trolley Museum is open as of July 2, 2020!
July & August: Thursday-Sunday
10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Last trolley departs at 3:00 PM
Timed ticketing must be adhered to.
There will be 5 runs each day and a maximum of 25 people allowed on each ride.
- 10:00 AM
- 11:15 AM
- 12:30 PM
- 1:45 PM
- 3:00 PM
Thursday bookings at 10:00 AM are reserved for high risk visitors. The Center of Disease Control (CDC) defines high risk as individuals as adults (age 65+) and people of any age who have serious underlying medical issues.
Seniors (ages 65+)…………………………..$11
Children (ages 1-15)…………………………$10
Children under 1……………………………..FREE
What your visit will look like:
- The ticketing area will open at 10:00 AM each day.
- Masks or face coverings are required – please bring one with you!
- Your visit will be approximately 1.5 hours long.
- When you arrive, please have your online ticket available via printout or mobile device
- Your tickets are good for only the tour/ride time that you purchased tickets for. Trolleys will depart exactly at the time that you are scheduled.
- Directional signage will be located on the floors throughout our facility. This will help manage social distancing and help flow of traffic.
- Your tickets are good for a trolley ride on our 4-mile (roundtrip) track, a trolley ride to our Trolley Display Building, a tour, and entrance into our exhibit space.
Please read about how the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum will promote a healthy and safe visit:
We understand that you are all eager to take your first trip on one of our beloved trolleys. That’s why PTM has developed a 3 week process of preparing the museum for reopening.
During the week of June 8-12, select Pennsylvania Trolley Museum staff and approved volunteers will reenter the facility. During this time, we will be training our amazing team of staff and volunteers on our new protocols and expectations to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for you to visit. The museum will prepare all areas and will be adhering to all CDC and Department of Health state guidelines.
The weeks of June 15 & 22, Staff will begin working in staggered shifts. Trolley Maintenance, Restoration and Building Maintenance volunteers will be back in the facility prepping everything that is needed before opening. At this time, all ticket sales for the summer will go on sale online. The museum will then finalize all items needed to establish a safe and welcoming environment for our visitors.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to have your return be safe and enjoyable. Attached to this email is a list of how the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum will follow the best practices for businesses recommended by the Pennsylvania Department of Health during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Continue to check our website for updates as we prepare the museum to welcome you all back!
On behalf of the Museum, I want to thank you for your ongoing interest and support particularly during these challenging times. We look forward to reopening and offering services that will enhance your member and volunteer experience.
Scott R. Becker
Regulating the number of visitors for safe social distancing:
- Our museum will be operating at 50% capacity per Pennsylvania requirements.
Staff training and procedures:
- Masks will be required for all Pennsylvania Trolley Museum staff, volunteers, and contractors.
- All returning staff members and volunteers will learn the proper way to wear a mask, wash hands, maintain social distancing, and other safety protocols.
- Staff and contracted cleaners will be trained on updated cleaning procedures and new cleaning materials.
- We will thoroughly clean our facilities and institute enhanced cleaning protocols, in adherence to CDC guidelines.
- Free-standing hand sanitizing stations will be installed throughout our public spaces.
- Timed ticketing will allow us to limit the number of guests in and control visitor flow.
- We will remove or limit the use of interactive exhibits to limit touch points.
- One-way traffic flow will be utilized through way-finding floor signage.
- A Plexiglass shield will be installed at our ticketing/store register.
- Visitors older than age 2 will be required to wear masks. Any visitor displaying signs of illness will be escorted out of the building; or, if they need assistance, will be taken to a private room designated at each facility until they can be assisted out of the building by family or ambulance.
- Social distancing of 6’ will be implemented and monitored throughout our museum. Parties entering our museums together may remain together, and children must remain with an adult at all times
- Volunteers will be trained to follow CDC guidelines and ensuring that visitors are following social distancing guidelines
- High touch-point areas throughout the day and restrooms will be sanitized each day
- Our Museum Store will be open and adhering to social distancing guidelines