A cash gift by check or pledge (up to five years) is the most common and easiest method to make a charitable contribution and you see the immediate benefits of your generosity.
- Receive a current income tax deduction.
- Reduce your potential estate taxes in the future.
- Determine the exact amount of your desired support.
- See how your gift impacts the Museum right away.
SECURITIES and PERSONAL PROPERTY
Most assets that you donate can result in a current income tax deduction when you itemize; however, certain assets may provide additional tax benefits, for example, if you contribute appreciated securities such as stock that you have held more than one year. You may also donate personal property and take a deduction. These assets can be given outright, making the donation process quick and easy.
- Receive a current income tax deduction for gifts of securities.
- Provide relief from long-term capital gains tax with gifts of securities.
- Make meaningful gifts with donations of personal property.