That answer is incorrect. Read on!
There are several trolleys in the PTM collection that at one point contained a food preparation or dining area, but not Johnstown Traction Company 350. Most of these were added after the cars were retired and later used as cabins or cottages.
Pittsburgh, Harmony, Butler, & New Castle Railway 115 served the North Hills until 1931 and is the only surviving car from the route. A motorman purchased the car after the interurban line was abandoned and relocated the car to State Route 88 (now 65) between Ellwood City and New Castle where it became a roadside diner. The restaurant grew around the car over the next 55 years, and it was extracted and became part of the Museum collection in 1986.
West Penn Railways 739 served the vast West Penn network between 1925 and 1952 before spending 36 years as a home near Jeannette. As one of the longest cars to operate in the state, the car was upgraded to a parlor car for a brief period in the late 1920s.
The Toronto Railway & Light Company built the observation car Toledo in 1906. The lavish car contains a kitchen, lavatory, and lounges with ornate finishes. The Toledo carried dignitaries to the World Series in Detroit in 1908 and was retired in the 1920s and used as a cabin for several decades. The Toledo came to PTM by way of Trolleyville and the Lake Shore Electric Railway Museum in 2009.
Monongahela/West Penn 274 served both West Virginia and Pennsylvania between 1918 and 1940. The car is part of PTM’s “lived-in” fleet and served as a summer cottage in Southeast Ohio until the 1970s.
BONUS: Monongahela Railway Caboose #73
Cabooses were used by the railways as rolling offices and accommodations for the train’s crew. The 1949 Monongahela Railway caboose #73 at PTM contains a coal stove used for cooking meals and staying warm as crews often had to spend the night away from home.