That answer is incorrect.
Read on for the correct answer:
As streetcars were phased out, groups formed to preserve trolleys with the goal of operating them for future generations. One such group was the Pittsburgh Electric Railway Club (PERC), which was formed in 1946 by members of the Pittsburgh NRHS (National Railway Historical Society) chapter.
PERC members purchased their first streetcar in 1949 (Pittsburgh Railways M1), added a second car in 1952 (West Penn 832) and a third in 1953 (Pittsburgh Railways 3756). With acquisition of a site in Chartiers Township, Washington County and the wonderful cooperation of the Pittsburgh Railways Company, the three-car collection motored to the site on February 7, 1954 to establish the first trolley museum in Pennsylvania. First known as Arden Electric Railway, this pioneering effort eventually became today’s Pennsylvania Trolley Museum.
Photograph: Ara Mesrobian – February 7, 1954