POSITION TITLE: Store Clerk
REVISED AS OF: April 21, 2021
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time Casual (non-exempt)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform ticket sales, store merchandise sales, and other Museum store activities in relation to regular museum operations, special events, tours, field trips, and other Museum activities.
2. Perform activities in relation to the day-to-day operations of the
museum store including restocking and maintaining the physical
presentation and appearance of the merchandise.
3. Setup museum public areas for regular visitors, parties, tours and
groups and clean-up these areas upon conclusion of these events.
4. Clean up the Museum public areas in order to maintain these areas in a neat and clean condition including cleaning requirements based upon the Museum’s Covid-19 guidelines.
5. Greet visitors, parties, tours and groups and act as a host/hostess for
these parties, tours, and groups.
6. Enter sales and other transactions into the Museum’s point of sale
and ticket reservation systems.
7. Perform other duties that are consistent with the position.
This is a part-time, casual, non-exempt position with days and hours scheduled based upon the needs of the Museum. Salary is $10.00 per hour. This position may require weekend, evening, and holiday hours. It is anticipated that this position will work from Memorial Day to Labor Day. A guaranteed minimum number of hours IS NOT a characteristic of this position.
1. Ability to work with the public in a visitor/retail environment.
2. Technological literacy demonstrated through a working knowledge of
Windows based personnel computer technology.
3. Good verbal communications skills.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE HIRED AND TO MAINTAIN THE POSITION:
1. Obtain and maintain the appropriate background check clearances as defined in the Museum’s policy for Volunteer and Employee Background Checks.
2. Provide own uniform and other appropriate clothing and equipment.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.